• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Panos and I am 27 years old. I have studied Business Management and Organization and it is what I really wanted to do in my life. I live in Greece which is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I am not very interested in photography, however, I like taking photos for my social network's account. I usually use my iPhone, because it has a very powerful camera. I am looking for an active community and I firmly believe that I have found it. Low ISO forum is perfect! Keep up the great work guys!

#2 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

Welcome, it's great to have you here!

I think that in the very near future a lot of people will ditch point-and-shoot cameras and everything will be captured either on smartphones or on DSLRs, and I think it's a great movement because people upgrade phones every two years but there's still a lot of older people using very old point-and-shoot cameras.

#3 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome! :)

#4 fantanoice

fantanoice

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hey folks, I'm fantanoice (fanta-no-ice). I'm a massive tech-nut and recently bought my first DSLR camera, so I'm keen to read whatever tips you guys have and maybe provide some of my own if I come across any. :D

Hope we get to be good mates soon.

- Fanta

#5 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hey folks, I'm fantanoice (fanta-no-ice). I'm a massive tech-nut and recently bought my first DSLR camera, so I'm keen to read whatever tips you guys have and maybe provide some of my own if I come across any. :D

Hope we get to be good mates soon.

- Fanta

Welcome to the community! I merged your intro thread into our general introductions thread. :)

I think you could learn a lot from here and I hope you enjoy the community! Let us know if you have any feedback on our forum by creating a new topic here.

If you're looking for some great short tutorials to get started, when you log out of the community there are some fantastic links on the right side of the header message!

#6 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

Thanks again guys! :)

#7 theezy

theezy

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hello everyone.  My name is theezy, I look forward to interacting with you fine people.  See you around the forums! 
:)

#8 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hello everyone.  My name is theezy, I look forward to interacting with you fine people.  See you around the forums! 
:)

Welcome to the community, it's fantastic to have you here! :D

#9 theezy

theezy

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to the community, it's fantastic to have you here! :D

Thanks! 

#10 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Welcome to LowISO, theezy. Enjoy your stay and learn many things about photography! :)

#11 dragonborn99

dragonborn99

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hey there guys, I am dragonborn99 but you can call me Jamie if you want. I love photography even though I may not be the best at it. I am currently looking for free PC picture editing software specifically for photography so if you have a suggestion, please tell me!

See you guys around! :3

#12 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hey there guys, I am dragonborn99 but you can call me Jamie if you want. I love photography even though I may not be the best at it. I am currently looking for free PC picture editing software specifically for photography so if you have a suggestion, please tell me!

See you guys around! :3

Thanks for joining Jamie, it's nice to meet you.

I'll ask my friend who does photography on his PC to see if he knows about any free software. I know he uses Adobe Lightroom as his primary software but he may know about something else.

#13 dragonborn99

dragonborn99

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Thanks, I did find something called Picasa 3, which is pretty cool and I am pretty sure you can get it on iOS and Android devices. It is completely free and was made by Google.

picasa-logo.gif

#14 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

That's cool, does it sync with Google's Picasa service to sync your photos to the cloud?

#15 dragonborn99

dragonborn99

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

It does, it also offers backups for all your photos which is pretty cool. I am currently using it to make a present for someone :3

#16 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

It does, it also offers backups for all your photos which is pretty cool. I am currently using it to make a present for someone :3

If it turns out nice please share :D I'd love to hear abut the techniques you used.

#17 Matthew

Matthew

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys, name's Matthew. I love taking pictures and have even dabbled with Photoshop a bit. I found this forum and I'm hoping to improve in both photography as well as using programs like Photoshop.

A bit about me: I love Runescape, spending time with my girlfriend, reading, and so much more. If you want to know more, feel free to ask! :)

#18 bubbles

bubbles

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hello, I'm Mr. Photographa's friend, here to share my passion in photography!

#19 Eclipse

Eclipse

• Members
  • Pip
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hello, the name is Eclipse. You might notice me around the internet because I do join many forums :) I've been a webmaster for a total of 5 years, starting off with Forumotion and making my way to Paid Hosting and Paid Software.

When I'm offline, I enjoy watching movies, especially with friends. I just watched "Lone Survivor" tonight and loved it. I usually play Basketball and Video Games when I'm not on the internet lurking around on forums.

That's basically all I can say, I'm not an interesting type of person :P

#20 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hello, the name is Eclipse. You might notice me around the internet because I do join many forums :) I've been a webmaster for a total of 5 years, starting off with Forumotion and making my way to Paid Hosting and Paid Software.

When I'm offline, I enjoy watching movies, especially with friends. I just watched "Lone Survivor" tonight and loved it. I usually play Basketball and Video Games when I'm not on the internet lurking around on forums.

That's basically all I can say, I'm not an interesting type of person :P

Welcome Eclipse! I've never heard of Lone Survivor, I'll have to check it out someday.

It's fantastic to have someone with your level of experience here!