One of the easiest and quickest ways to get photos from your smartphone to your computer is through the cloud. When you snap a photo, it can be automatically uploaded to a service and loaded onto your computer, where it's ready for processing and sharing.
iCloud Photo Streams
- 1,000 most recent photos
- Full Resolution - No Storage Limit
- Must be on WiFi for upload
- Automatic background upload on iOS.
- Incompatible with Android or Windows Phone
- Must save these photos on your Mac through iPhoto or Aperture
Dropbox Camera Auto-Upload
- Unlimited full-resolution photos, limited only by your storage limit.
- WiFi or Mobile Data upload, you choose
- Photos automatically download to your computers.
- Must open Dropbox app for automatic upload on iOS.
Google+ Automatic Camera Upload
- Full resolution uses your 15GB limit, auto-resized photos don't count against storage limit.
- WiFi or Mobile Data upload, you choose.
- No easy way to download all photos onto your computer.
- Must open Google+ app for automatic upload on iOS.
What services do you use, and what are its benefits and drawbacks?