LowISO Shoutbox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

We've implemented a shoutbox on the homepage of our forum!

The shoutbox allows members to talk in real-time on any subject that they desire, and it will also notify users when any new posts or replies are made in our forum.

Enjoy! (And let me know if you have any feedback!)

#2 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

I think it's a good idea to allow guests to "post" questions into the Shoutbox field (we would make it more user-friendly so they know what they can ask in there). These questions could then automatically generate a topic in the Questions section of the forum, where the community could answer the question.

Someone wanting to learn more wouldn't have to go through the process of registering for our forum, and we would gain more content to attract visitors and new members.

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!

#3 anchor93

anchor93

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think it's a good idea to allow guests to "post" questions into the Shoutbox field (we would make it more user-friendly so they know what they can ask in there). These questions could then automatically generate a topic in the Questions section of the forum, where the community could answer the question.

Someone wanting to learn more wouldn't have to go through the process of registering for our forum, and we would gain more content to attract visitors and new members.

Personally I feel like the registration process is very painless and it doesn't take much for someone to register and post a question. Maybe we can highlight well-answered questions in the header?

What if LowISO mined questions from somewhere like Yahoo Answers and we answered them on the community here, and then linked to the page on Yahoo Answers?

Let's capture some memories!