• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I bought an IR remote for my camera for about $15 and it lets me release the shutter from anywhere in front of the camera. It's perfect for large group shots since you can take multiple photos without a self-timer, and I also love it for long-exposure shots. 

With a long exposure photo it's important not to shake the camera at all during the photo, so I used to use self-timers so I wouldn't have to press the camera button, but with the IR remote I can just press the button on the remote when I want a picture taken.

It's a fantastic little device that's very valuable at $10 - $20.

#2 Sharon

Sharon

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

IR remote... I'm not aware of such a device.  It sounds extremely affordable and worth it!  I can relate to you with have to use self-timers as to prevent any shakiness from ruining a good shot.  This IR remote you purchased, does it work for any camera?

#3 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

IR remote... I'm not aware of such a device.  It sounds extremely affordable and worth it!  I can relate to you with have to use self-timers as to prevent any shakiness from ruining a good shot.  This IR remote you purchased, does it work for any camera?

IR remotes are usually linked to a brand. A Canon remote will work on almost all Canon cameras with an IR sensor, but if you have a Nikon you'd want a Nikon-compatible remote.

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!