Photo

Where do you find your inspiration comes from?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Shortie861

Shortie861

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

When taking photographs it is always great to have some kind of inspiration from something, maybe something you have a great interest in or something else that gives you the incentive to want to take photographs of that specific thing.

I myself have always been interested in anything to do with nature or the weather, especially autumn scenes with the colours and even wintery scenes with the snow and ice, especially icicles. These are things that we only see around once a year and they never last too long so it's always nice to be able to capture them when they are there so you have them as photo's.

#2 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

I believe the easiest form of inspiration would be nature. Near me for instance, there is a fantastic walk by the river which attracts wildlife such as butterflies and the huts allow for some great viewing across ponds. You see plenty of pond life on a sunny day and plus its the kind of place where you can relax and take your mind off things which is a bonus.

#3 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm inspired when I see the photographs taken by some of my close friends who freelance as part-time photographers. Their results are so gorgeous that it makes me wish I could replicate that.

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!

#4 Ashish92

Ashish92

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

POPULAR

Inspiration in my opinion comes when we come across something that clears our mind and soothes our feelings. 

Being a designer and having a hectic schedule I often find my mind too cluttered with ideas and it often happens that due to time constraints I need to find something that makes me feel good and inspires me in a short time. Fortunately I have a open roof in my house where we have a small garden planted by my mother and father. Whenever I feel short on inspiration or confused I just go out into the gardens, stay there quietly for half and hour or more watching the trees and just being there silently in nature's arms and soon I find myself getting inspired to get a move on. 

I believe our inspiration comes from something that makes us happy, when it comes to photography whenever I see something be it a nature related or any random thing that makes me happy I try to capture that very moment itself. 

Regards

#5 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Inspiration in my opinion comes when we come across something that clears our mind and soothes our feelings. 

Being a designer and having a hectic schedule I often find my mind too cluttered with ideas and it often happens that due to time constraints I need to find something that makes me feel good and inspires me in a short time. Fortunately I have a open roof in my house where we have a small garden planted by my mother and father. Whenever I feel short on inspiration or confused I just go out into the gardens, stay there quietly for half and hour or more watching the trees and just being there silently in nature's arms and soon I find myself getting inspired to get a move on. 

I believe our inspiration comes from something that makes us happy, when it comes to photography whenever I see something be it a nature related or any random thing that makes me happy I try to capture that very moment itself. 

Regards

That sounds like fantastic relaxation! It's so true that sometimes all we need is some time with our mind off of projects to be the most creative.

#6 Ashish92

Ashish92

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

One more thing that I would like to add is that sometimes our inspiration is instinctive to us. Like we may be totally busy with some other work and while we are going good at it and upto our own expectation suddenly if we switch to something that is a hobby to us we will find unexpected results that can often make us think that how good we can be.

The thing that I believe is that we need to be happy, and in clear mind to be inspired. Inspiring us ourselves is an art that I believe every artist should master to make piece with their own volatile mind. 

#7 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Haha yep!

We're all stressed with finals now and there's not really time to be creative and do stuff, but sometimes the best ideas come unexpectedly.

#8 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sometimes it's the smallest things that get me going.

Just today I read an article on emotional intelligence (here) and it really got me thinking about how well I read people's emotions, how well I work in groups, how comfortable I am saying no to people, etc. It's a small inspirational moment for me to identify my strengths and weaknesses to become a better person.

#9 Ashish92

Ashish92

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

yup small things like that are at times very inspirational. Even a small quotation like this one can have a big impact on our thoughts and if we think over inspiration starts building inside us. 

253238_283737518428758_1422770011_n.jpg  

#10 lorcan

lorcan

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

I like taking pictures of nature animals or people, and then inspiration then comes from inside me. So for example if I am feeling sad I might take a picture of a homeless person huddled in a doorway and then I would use a grey background to increase the awareness  of the mood. Or if I am feeling love, I would look for beautiful skies, and sunsets or sun coming up.

#11 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

I agree with you Lorcan, however, I don't really get inspired when I am sad. I don't know why, maybe it's because of my character, my personality.

#12 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

I don't feel inspired or motivated to do anything when I'm sad, I think I do my best work when I'm cheerful. I think it inspires other people because my friends always comment on how cheerful and energetic I am!

#13 dragonborn99

dragonborn99

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

To be honest, when I am taking a picture i don't look for any inspiration. I just looked for places that would like nice to photograph and just snap. However if I ever do need inspiration I use a site called CoolVibe, it has some awesome wallpapers and digital art which I love to look at. For me; looking at creative things motivates me to do creative things.

The link to CoolVibe is http://coolvibe.com/ if you were interested in checking it out :D

#14 fantanoice

fantanoice

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

This is going to sound really dorky but my inspiration comes from stories. Like, when I see a landmark, a nice bit of nature, people, animals, etc, I like to ask myself questions like:
- If somebody were to see this, what would they want to do?

- How did they get here?

- What will they do after?

- For the people / animals in the picture, what are they doing? How did they get there? What will they do after?

It just makes everything that little bit more interesting.

I guess the game designer in me likes to shine through everything I do. :P