Photo

Best way to print photo's

Best Answer Ashish92 , 13 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

As far as my experience with digital images goes the best printers for this task are the picture only printers that are designed specifically for this purpose only. 

However that category of printers in very expensive and practically useless for other printing tasks. 

If you want a printer to be able to print photos (though not as HQ as picture only printer) and as well as print other documents too then go for a Inkjet printer, they are slower than laser but are better equipped for the task. 

And if it is a photo then it has to be a picture paper because no normal paper can replicate the glossiness and innate shine of a picture paper which is the USP of many photos.

Choosing a good company for printer I would suggest you go with Epson or HP they are the best out there. And as far as my experience goes the more we invest in the better the quality of our photo. 

Also you can try playing a little with the curves and levels of the photo before printing it as most professionals do this trick to make the lighting of the photo suitable for focus. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shortie861

Shortie861

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

At the moment I currently go to a professional to print my photo's, however that can be quite expensive and I am looking at possibly doing it myself however I have been looking at printers and the paper and it is all quite confusing. Does anyone here know the best kind of printer and paper to use to get professional looking photographs that I would get from a professional place? Doing them with normal paper or just picture paper and a normal printer I have attempted however the photo's never turn out the same.

#2 Ashish92

Ashish92

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:04 AM   Best Answer

As far as my experience with digital images goes the best printers for this task are the picture only printers that are designed specifically for this purpose only. 

However that category of printers in very expensive and practically useless for other printing tasks. 

If you want a printer to be able to print photos (though not as HQ as picture only printer) and as well as print other documents too then go for a Inkjet printer, they are slower than laser but are better equipped for the task. 

And if it is a photo then it has to be a picture paper because no normal paper can replicate the glossiness and innate shine of a picture paper which is the USP of many photos.

Choosing a good company for printer I would suggest you go with Epson or HP they are the best out there. And as far as my experience goes the more we invest in the better the quality of our photo. 

Also you can try playing a little with the curves and levels of the photo before printing it as most professionals do this trick to make the lighting of the photo suitable for focus.