Favorite Photography Apps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

What are your favorite third-party photography apps on Android or iOS?

I love an app called VSCO for iOS, it lets you take pictures from your camera roll and add filters to them - the unique part is that the filters are all created to make the photos look like they were taken on a specific type of film. They have many different types of black-and-white and other old filter types.

(May I also recommend a thread we started on some of the best photo sharing sites, it fits nicely with our discussion here!)

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!

#2 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

There's a free app on iOS called Imgupr which lets you upload photos from your camera roll to imgur. I love it more so on iPad because you can quickly share that photo URL on any site or through any other app with Imgur.

#3 fantanoice

fantanoice

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I only use the default camera app that came with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). It gets the job done, and if things need changing I can always edit them in Photoshop or something. It's also fairly easy to share to Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, etc with it.

#4 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

I only use the default camera app that came with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). It gets the job done, and if things need changing I can always edit them in Photoshop or something. It's also fairly easy to share to Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, etc with it.

I've always been jealous of Android users because sharing to any app can be done from the gallery. On iPhone you can share to Picasa or Twitter of Facebook from the photo, but if you want to send your photo to another app like Dropbox or Instagram you have to open that app up and upload through there.

#5 Daisy

Daisy

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

I have used the Photoshop app for Android before and the sharing options are useful. Another photography app that I like would have to be Fast Camera. When you take a photo, it does it instantly. Other apps seem to have a second's lag before taking the photo, which is tricky if you're trying to take a picture of an exact moment. It's probably one of the fastest phototaking apps out there.

#6 Collin

Collin

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I've seen this one for Android, but I can't think of the name. It turns your camera into a professional DSLR camera by letting you set the exposure settings, lighting, focus points, and more. I don't have it installed any more, but hopefully I can find it. ;)

Let me know if you guys see any good camera apps out there; I know there are many.

#7 Sharon

Sharon

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Blackberry has a great photo editor built in.  I have the Blackberry Q10.  After taking a photo I am able to edit straight from the phone without opening any other app to enhance the photo. The iPhone has a pretty awesome camera as well and is able to take HD shots.  My husband has thousands of amazing photos which was able to take and capture beautifully without needing an additional app to enhance the photos.  After all, it's all about lighting in the end. =)