2 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon

Sharon

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

When you purchased your camera(s), did you purchase it online or in store?  I purchased my point-and-shoot camera from Fry's electronics honestly not because of the product knowledge that the in-store associate had but more because it was on sale and it caught my eye when I was reading the newspaper ad.   I would love to be able to into a store have someone tell me more about the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 but even Best Buy don't even have the camera powered on or charged so I can try it. 

#2 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

I think Best Buys are pathetic with their product demos. I helped a friend buy a camera from there two months ago because they could price match from Amazon, but Best Buy retail is overpriced and I don't think the salespeople are good at providing product demos. They push products rather than recommending what the customer really needs.

I think you'll almost always find better prices online :D

#3 Mini Maul

Mini Maul

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

I think it is always better to try and find the camera you like in a store.

Trying something out and getting a feel for something is always better than looking at reviews and things like that.

I would always look online though, its such a great way to gain a vast variety of cameras or anything your looking for, and i'm not saying don't look at peoples reviews, I just wouldn't write off a camera because of the poor reviews.

If it technically/specs look promising, try and find it in store to get a feel for it.

Sometimes you just pick up a camera and love it instantly :P