• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

For those of you with the iPhone 5S, how does the True Tone flash work vs. previous smartphones in your experience?

#2 crazyace

crazyace

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Terrible the quality of the iPhone camera has been that good since Android introduced Samsung Galaxy s4. The camera on that phone is truly remarkable.

#3 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Terrible the quality of the iPhone camera has been that good since Android introduced Samsung Galaxy s4. The camera on that phone is truly remarkable.

Huh? Are you saying that the camera on the iPhone 5S is terrible, and the Galaxy S4's is remarkable? With no supporting evidence?

#4 Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

I haven't used Samsung Galaxy S4's camera, but I usually use my iPhone's. It is useful and very powerful. But the Dual LED can easily destroy a photo. For example, if you wanted a little support of light, the LED flash would give you much more than the amount that you would like.

#5 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I haven't used Samsung Galaxy S4's camera, but I usually use my iPhone's. It is useful and very powerful. But the Dual LED can easily destroy a photo. For example, if you wanted a little support of light, the LED flash would give you much more than the amount that you would like.

I got the new 5S and while the flash is overpowering at times, using it as a flashlight works a lot nicer than on the 5 with all that extra intensity!

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!

#6 Amy

Amy

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

It looks like you can't use flash and HDR at the same time. What's the tradeoff there? When it's dark should we be using flash or HDR?