Tripod for iPad

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Julie

Julie

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

What's a good tripod to use for an iPad? I want to record a time lapse video of a social event and I'm looking for something sturdy to put an iPad on.

#2 BigChincilla

BigChincilla

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

There are a lot of options when you search "iPad Tripod Mount" on Amazon, but I think this one looks cool.

You could connect your iPad to a DSLR on a tripod with the app Trigger Trap and do a time lapse like that!

#3 Sharon

Sharon

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

There are a lot of options when you search "iPad Tripod Mount" on Amazon, but I think this one looks cool.

You could connect your iPad to a DSLR on a tripod with the app Trigger Trap and do a time lapse like that!

This looks like to be an excellent solution for what you are trying to do.  With 42 reviewers a score of 4 out 5 stars is pretty awesome.  Even for the most helpful critical review...they were just describing how insecure they felt about the plastic holder.  No where in their review did they state that it actually broke.  Even with that they rated the product 3 out 5 so I think it's a great solution especially for $25.  It's hard to find a reliable regular tripod for that price nowadays. 

#4 Photographa

Photographa

Experienced

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

This looks like to be an excellent solution for what you are trying to do.  With 42 reviewers a score of 4 out 5 stars is pretty awesome.  Even for the most helpful critical review...they were just describing how insecure they felt about the plastic holder.  No where in their review did they state that it actually broke.  Even with that they rated the product 3 out 5 so I think it's a great solution especially for $25.  It's hard to find a reliable regular tripod for that price nowadays. 

I forgot my tripod when I went to Florida a few months ago and I purchased one from a WalMart for $20 that broke on the first day. It looked solid on the packaging but it was a very flimsy product and the handle snapped off so I had to use a screwdriver to adjust it and keep the angles on it tight.

For iPad my only tip is to make sure your case isn't slipping over the camera when it's mounted because I've had friends do that.

Check out these beginners' camera tutorials!

#5 Mini Maul

Mini Maul

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

If you are in a smaller space and want you iPad to be out the way or up high near the ceiling to give a surveillance camera feel, you could possibly give this a try:

http://www.ishotmoun...ction-cup-mount

Its a suction mount that could keep the iPad out of the way. I think its a really nice option so you don't have to section of a area to have the tripod fully extended. And you might get a wider view looking from above. Without the fear of someone just standing right in front of it for a long period of time. :P

Good luck looking for your mount :)