Photos in the snow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigChincilla

BigChincilla

• Members
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

I like taking photos in the sunny winter days when the sky is dark blue and the snow is fresh and white on the ground. You'll see this beauty in a lot of ski and snowboard videos shot on GoPro.

I also like the contrast that I can bring out when snow falls on the branches of trees and then it snowing shortly thereafter. You see the brown of the trees highlighted perfectly by the white snow, and if you're in the woods it looks very pretty with trees all over.

#2 Sharon

Sharon

Experienced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

Living in Texas I don't get many opportunities to take photos in the snow.  I can imagine the beauty of it like how you've described the type of shots you like to take.  By the way, do you have any in particular that you can share?  What camera do you use?  I grew up in Massachusetts so I definitely have had my experience with snow, blizzards, and ice.  I have particular memories of looking back at the streets covered in snow and I remember thinking how interesting it was to look at the vast white covering and there was almost a shimmering glitter in the snow as well.  I wish there was a way to capture that with a camera however I think that was more reflection of the sun more than anything.